The Benefits of Respite Care
We understand that every caregiver is under an enormous amount of pressure and has very little time for themselves. That’s why Care for Me has a >Respite Care service
There are a number of very specific benefits to engaging a respite and care service on the Costa del Sol. Here are some of them:
- You get a well-earned break from the daily responsibilities of caring.
- You get time to focus on other family members, your job and your health and wellbeing.
- It is an opportunity to have a change of scenery, like a day trip to Málaga, if you tend to be confined to the house much of the time.
- Specialist carers can come in and treat specific needs, such as Alzheimer’s or dementia care, post-surgical care and other rehabilitative therapies.
- Respite care provides an opportunity to introduce your loved one to a new carer and build a relationship with them. This is a huge benefit if you have an emergency that requires you to stop caregiving for a period of time.
We are also aware that some caregivers are reluctant to bring in a respite carer and we understand their reasons. In our experience and that of experts in personal care services, these reasons are primarily:
- They feel guilty about taking time off
- They are worried that a patient with Alzheimer’s or dementia will struggle with the change of caregiver
- The patient has a tendency to get depressed or agitated, if they are not looked after by their usual caregiver.
At Care for Me in Marbella, we sympathise with these concerns whilst also being strong advocates for the benefits, which is why we have a dedicated Respite Care Service for the entire Costa del Sol. Alongside the current primary caregivers, we will assess the needs of the patient and create a bespoke Care Plan for your loved one.
We can provide a Certified Nurse or Care Assistant who will take your place in the patient’s home and we also have specialist respite care nurses and care assistants for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. In addition to this, if you plan to travel with the patient, but feel you need extra assistance to meet the demands of travelling, then we can provide you with a Certified Nurse or Care Assistant who will accompany you and take some of the weight off your shoulders.
Whether you need time to go to the hairdresser, go to a school meeting, or visit a spa for some ‘me time’, Care for Me Marbella will support your need to rest whilst still ensuring your loved one is well cared for with its Respite Care Service.
Get in Touch
For more information about Respite Care services, or to schedule a free in-home consultation, you can contact our Client Care Manager on 0034 952 636 900 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.