Register for Spain’s Public Healthcare

First of all, if you don’t have one already, Care for Me Assistance help you register with Social Security (Dirección General de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social or TGSS), to get a social security number. You’ll need to show your passport or ID card, residency certificate and a completed application form which we will help you with.

Once you have registered with the TGSS you’ll be given a Social Security Number and a certificate stating that you’re entitled to medical help.

We can then assist you to register with a doctor and apply for a health card (tarjeta sanitaria individual or TSI). This will be sent to you in the post or you will be asked to pick it up personally. The health centre will also be able to arrange for you to get a Sistema de Informacion Poblacional or SIP card. You’ll need to show it every time you visit a clinic, hospital or collect a prescription from a pharmacy.

As soon as you have registered, you can already start to use the Spanish Healthcare using your Health Number that will be given to you.

Leave a comment

Logos Kit Digital